Since 2010, Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions shopping events have attracted quality exhibitors showcasing the finest selection of merchandise including children’s toys; books; hair/beauty products; jewellery/accessories; art, greeting cards; clothing for men, children and women; and seasonal food and drink. Many of the items on sale have been naturally/organically produced and handmade.
Now in its third year, the organisers of Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions will be holding its first Birmingham fair at the popular Drum Art Centre. This unique shopping event brings together independent retailers and entrepreneurs selling culturally inspired gifts you won't find on the shelves of local high street shops or department stores and gives shoppers the opportunity to pick up inspiring gifts which ooze creativity.
This year the organisers have chosen the Sickle Cell Society as its official charity and we will be donating a third of proceeds taken on the door from this event, and at the London event the following weekend, to the charity Kalpna Patel, Sickle Cell Society.
The Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions annual Winter Fairs are a chance to treat yourself and pick up something special for your loved ones too.
- The first 50 shoppers will receive a complimentary goodie bag.
- Sample some Afridiziak rum cake as you browse the stalls and take in the vibes.
- Blaze It Up Entertainment spinning an eclectic mix of tunes to keep you feeling festive.
- A special solo performance from Abigail Kelly – Soprano.
- A workshop on The art of Head Wrapping by Sister E.
- Food will be on sale.